dtSearch Corp., a leading supplier of enterprise and developer text retrieval software along with document filters, announces Version 7.70 of the dtSearch product line. The release improves the document filters embedded across the entire dtSearch product line. For customers in need of data parsing, conversion and extraction only, the dtSearch Engine APIs also offers the document filters for separate OEM licensing.
dtSearch's proprietary document filters support a broad range of data types:
- "Office" documents: MS Office, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, etc
- Emails: MS Exchange, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc., all with nested attachments
- Compression formats: ZIP, RAR, GZIP/TAR, etc.
- Web-ready data (including image and text support): HTML, XML/XSL and PDF-all including integrated image and text support
- Dynamic data (including image and text support): PHP, ASP.NET, SharePoint, etc.
- Databases: SQL including BLOB data (through the dtSearch Engine APIs), MS Access, XBASE, XML, CSV, etc.
The document filters support parsing of all of the above data types as well as text extraction and/or conversion to HTML as required for browser display with highlighted hits.